Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Week Seven (Part I): Pate a Choux and Module I Final

We wrapped up the last lesson in our first module on Monday night.  The material was continued from the Thursday before, but with different uses of pate a choux.  We assembled petite croquembouches, a traditional French wedding cake.  I spun caramel angel hair to put a special touch on mine.

We also made gougeresprofiterals and Paris-Brest which we filled with lightened pastry cream or creme mousseline.

Module I concluded this evening with an examination.  The examination consisted of two parts: a ten question written exam followed by a practical.  The practical consisted of three parts: knife skills, chocolate piping skills and preparing a perfect flourless chocolate souffle.  

Our final score was an average of the two parts.  I received a 99%.  I would be lying if I said I was not slightly disappointed in being so close to a perfect score.  But I am happy to have my first exam behind me and to have finished the first module with a 4.0 GPA.

2 comments:

  1. Next time you get a 99, don't bother coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum says...You can bring any of your creations home to us :) We'd even take them if you got a 98!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs